Employees’ Payroll Data is highly sensitive and needs to be treated with the utmost care – but you already knew that. At Velan Bookkeeping we provide outsourced bookkeeping services to CPAs and a part of our service platter is outsourced payroll management. In this post, we’re going to cover 5 great ways Payroll can be secured.
It takes more effort than just classifying your Payroll as “Confidential”, to implement security and confidentiality in real! You got to take some strong steps and implement some robust practices if you are to avoid falling victim to cybercrime. In today’s berated cybercrime landscape, data breaches to hackers is what coffee is to us! Notwithstanding how perplexing that sounds, it pretty much real and our first line of defense against such breaches is proper training and careful oversight.
From human errors to outdated virus protections, we’re going to discuss 5 ways liabilities find a way inside our system. This post will outline how we can effectively tackle these common yet terrifying threats. As an outsourced payroll service provider, we stay up-to-date and consistently work with an upper hand on information security when dealing with clients’ data. It goes without saying that Velan Bookkeeping is your perennial partner when it comes to protecting your payroll data, thanks to years of experience in CPA bookkeeping services!
5 way to protect Payroll Data
- Most organization offer greater ease of access to employees when it comes to Payroll information. Does your organization offer mobile access to Payroll Data? If yes, then you need to thoroughly check and determine whether that’s secure enough. If you offer access using a mobile app, run it through testing to ensure security. Features like mobile passcode, fingerprint scan, OTP, encryption etc., are imperative.
- To ensure that payroll data is secure, you need to ensure that all the involved personnel are well-trained on the proper use of Payroll Software. When updates to the software happen, deploy trainings that will enable the users understand the changes and their impacts. New employees and old employees, both should receive induction and refresher trainings respectively.
- Review your company policy for sharing passwords and confidential information of all sorts. Consider automation of data entry whenever possible, to significantly reduce the chances of data entry errors.As an employer, you should know how service providers authenticate the identities of those who are allowed access. Appointed personnel(s) must ensure that multifactor authorization is in place.
- Keeping your software up-to-datewith the latest security patches and protections, is one way of steering clear of potential threats. Perform routine checks on your software for to determine glitches and identify available upgrades. New updates from your software vendors, more often than not, are responses to newly identified viruses and threats. Refraining from updates could leave your software, and payroll data, vulnerable.
- Even while outsourcing payroll to Velan, most of our clients do have certain stakeholders (such as HR) who continually access payroll data. We ensure they have secure processes and policies in place. Encryption is imperative in establishing secure and safe data transmission in these cases. A secure portal for uploading and downloading documents is a good safe practice and can be helpful where EDI is not in place. Regular accuracy checks in such cases are vital and prove greatly beneficial.
If you are looking to outsource Payroll, Velan Bookkeeping can help you! We provide outsourced bookkeeping services to CPAs and have reliable experience in handling, Payroll, Taxation, AR, AP, Bookkeeping, Financial Reporting etc., using established secure processes. We are ISO 27001 certified for Information Security and rest assured, we practice the highest standards of secure data transmission! Reach out to us @ +1-860-215-4997
Bookkeeping services? tailored to your needs