There are two main views in QuickBooks Desktop: The business view and the Accountant view. Business view is the default view and is designed for users who are not accountants. The accountant view is designed for accountants and provides more detailed information.
To change the view, follow these steps:
- Click the Gear icon in the top right corner of the QuickBooks window.
- A business view or an accountant’s view should be chosen.
You can also change the view by pressing Ctrl+B. for the Business view or Ctrl+A for the Accountant view.
Related Topic: Why is QuickBooks Online the Best Bookkeepers Choice?
In addition to the two main views, there are also a few other views that you can use:
- The list view shows a list of all the records in a table.
- The form view shows a detailed view of a single record.
- The chart of Accounts view shows a list of all the accounts in your company.
- The vendor view shows a list of all your vendors.
- Customers view shows a list of all your customers.
To change to a different view, click the View tab in the menu bar and select the view that you want.
You can also customize the view by adding or removing columns, changing the font size, and so on. To do this, right-click on the column header and select the options that you want.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Related Topic: How to Customize My QuickBooks Menu?
Here are some additional tips for changing the view in QuickBooks Desktop Settings:
- Use the View tab to quickly switch between different views.
- Use the Customize View dialog box to customize the view of a table or form.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly change the view. For example, press Ctrl+L. to switch to List view.
- Try out various viewpoints to see which suits you the best.
The more you use QuickBooks Bookkeeping, the better you will become at changing the view to suit your needs.